Thursday, April 5, 2012

Prisonbreak

Hello again amigos!

      I'm writing this one before I go off to train at 6 am and forget to write it again. Today I will run to La Cuesta del Plomo(a point on amountain just outside of Managua), run through the forest around there, and then go to the beach town Masachapa to train with a former Tough Man competitor who retired out there. A working vacation for Semana Santa. However, this is not about today's events to transpire, but rather those of two days ago.
      On Tuesday I went to Ciudad Sandino to a lake called Xiloa with my boxing coach to run, swim, and improve my hands. I love new places, and I also had a chance to learn more Nicaraguan history while I was there. Yet the biggest lesson came after we put the gloves away.
      My coach had a friend who was recently put in jail for being an accomplice to her abusive husband who had been prostituting a fifteen-year-old girl. The young woman in jail is only nineteen, and her husband is thirty-three and was deported from the U.S, for murder. I was reluctant to go, but I remembered that it is important to help others in times of trouble. We went to visit her mother and sister who live by the lake. My coach wanted to tell them that he found a lawyer to help them. We entered the house, and the mother began to open up.She explained the whole story of how her daughter was wrapped up in this man, which she felt was an attempt to replace an absent father. She said her daughter was just putting her faith in God to see her through these hard times. she is pleading her innocence, but she could face up to twenty years in prison for her husband's actions. We had a long conversation on faith, in which we discussed Paul and Job. Paul who was imprisoned for preaching, and Job who had lost everything he had, was mocked, and was covered with boils.
     At the end of the conversation she told me that she had been to church, but she had never given her life to Christ. I asked her if she wanted to pray and accept him into her heart. She said yes, and we prayed together. She was born again! I told her the next step was to go to the church and get baptized and that it is a symbol of the cleansing of her spirit. We talked a little longer and prayed for her daughter and her family. Then my coach and I left for Managua since it was getting late. If you read this, please pray for them.
     Many times in life, we all feel trapped by a situation, whether we are literally locked up, pressured by others, or in a prison of our own making, but this life is but a vapor. Any problem is transitory, and God will see us through it, giving us peace and patience in the storm if we put our faith in Him. He can break any chains and lift us from any bondage.

Got to run!
Благослови тебя Бог!
Seth

"When you pass through the deep waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. when you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you." -Isaiah 43:2 (NLT)

"Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoner. Remember those who are mistreated asif you yourself were suffering." Hebrews 13:3 (NIV)

p.s. Always be open to the road you wouldn't normally take. You never know what miracles you may behold when you get to the destination god had planned all along. No vayas por el camino que te lleve, pero ve por donde no hay camino, y deja huellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment