Monday, May 14, 2012

The Power of Protein Shakes

Good evening mes amis,

     For those of you who know me personally this story will not come as much of a shock to you. For those of who do not, you are about to know me a little more personally. If you are familiar with my travel stories and dojo tales, you already know that I have a track record of... let's say intestinal malfunction. Be it parasites in Guatemala, an overdose on protein shakes mixed with a hard knee to the gut almost three hours into a jiujitsu test, or sprinting down the crowded streets of Vielle Nice, France on a quest to to find a public restroom during  La Fête de la Musique, I could have saved many good times with Pepto. Now they are funny stories that I will someday publish on here. Today was yet another case.
     I along with my butt;kicking colleagues from Nahuatl Team went on a local Nicaraguan news channel to promote the academy and inform the Nicaraguans of how we are representing their country abroad in competition. It was fun. They did interviews, we did exhibitions, and good times were had. However, this weekend I was told that I will have to put on ten pounds of muscle for my next fight. I was advised to drink protein shakes, and I have been downing them steadily for four days now. Recall example two of the aforementioned stories, and you will deduce how this ended. All day. Just before we went live, I prayed silently what is probably the most ridiculous prayer I have ever prayed: "God, please don't let me crap my pants. Amen." God answered my prayer, and as soon as I got home I went straight to the bathroom.
     The great thing is that we got some exposure to our goals and what we represent in martial arts. We were asked to come back, and they will even let me talk about the missions projects I have which might bring in new students who are in need of the Lord. They even want me to bring some of them on the program next time. Also through the classes I have gotten five students who are looking to further dedicate there walks with Christ at a baptism service we will hold at Monte Horeb in June! Thank you God for your great works and answers to prayer!

Daiwan jaini mai mumbia,
Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment