Wednesday, March 28, 2012

In the beginning...

 Good evening amigos!  
      It's my first blog, but far from my first writing. To give you head's up on what you will see here, I will post my past and present adventures, from continental voyages to internal journeys of reflection. you might find some short stories from here to there, but I promise to distinguish fact from fiction. I also promise to be honest with my experiences. I will not withhold something just to make you think I am a good person. Besides, a testimony has no value if one cannot see the transformation of God's grace, right? Here I will connect you to before and after stories, the joy, blessings, triumphs, tragedies, and sometimes utter lunacy of the mission field. I am twenty-five years old as I write this, and I have been blessed with a lot of experiences in my short life.  I look forward to sharing them, and I hope you will enjoy them.
     I currently live in Managua, Nicaragua, teaching Tae Kwon Do, Brazilian Jiujitsu, French, English, and working as a youth pastor. I went to language schools in Guatemala and France, taught Spanish to special ops marines(for 2 weeks), taught martial arts and language in statistically the most violent city in the U.S., took three kids from that city to do mission work in South Africa, and best of all, I've made a lot of good friends along the way who have taught me many lessons in life. None of this would be possible without God, and still as spectacular as it may sound, it has not been without tribulation. As a Guatemalan poet once told me in a random, park bench conversation about God, "No vayas por el camino que te lleva, pero ve por donde no hay camino y deja huellas." (Don't go by the path that leads you, but go where there is no path and leave foot prints." I never saw her again after that conversation, but I feel that that is fitting for the advice she gave me. Trust in God and he will guide you continually.

Buenas noches y que Dios te bendiga!

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote from the Guatemalan poet, I'm gonna have to share that...

    ReplyDelete